"Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll."

"Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll."

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Counting Greg - Saturday, June 13th

June 13th
 I thought it couldn't possibly get worse. But, I was wrong. Even with the embarrassment of ringing up people's pizzas and having soda splashed on me daily, even with Rad's constant pushing of me to do things I don't want to do, childish things including last night's disaster at the Safari--and I don't know if this Summer is safe with Bobby Lay on ass-kick patrol for whomever he thinks sold tickets to the group of kids that watched him and Connie do it--EVEN WITH ALL OF THAT...I could manage with that, but...Uncle Chauncey got into town late last night.
 I don't hate him. He's my uncle, I like him a whole lot, but...I woke up this morning and found him asleep on the living room floor. Naked. I think he was drunk or hungover. Mom was not happy, but she just put a pillow over his him. She said it's "just thebway he's always been", then I went out to get the trash cans and his van was parked halfway in the lawn! There's a giant naked woman painted on the side of his van and I know the neighbors are going to say something. She's got a python and an American flag wrapped around her legs and she's standing on top of some kind of dead soldier, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to represent. I'm sure Mr. Pederson next door is not going to like that. His son WAS killed in Vietnam.
 I'm off today and Rad wants me to meet him and Glenn at Spaceport, but I'm really not interested in arcade games right now. Yet, if I stay I know Uncle Chauncey will get up at some point and get me to smell his fingers.
So, I'm going to meet Rad and Glenn. Only 71 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment