"Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll."

"Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll."

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Leland "Ding" Stiltz, 20 - Wednesday, June 10th

Captain’s Log -- Stardate 0609.8

I woke with the sun, for today was all-important. The print of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” arrived and I was directed by my fleet commander, Admiral Alvin, to set a course directly for my employ. I was to stop for no distractions. Admiral Alvin informed me he did not wish to see a repeat of last year, when my mother failed to wake me and my oversleep forced me to miss the receivership of “The Empire Strikes Back”. The parental’s error forced Admiral Alvin to disappoint his audience of hundreds on opening night and myself to perform sanitation duty for many stardates.

To my astonishment, the delivery did not transpire until nearly 1600. I took advantage of the long day, waiting aboard the projection vessel, to finish reading my latest scroll by scribe Roger Zelazny. When the film cans were delivered to me by the postal-zoid, I looked afar, and -- ZOOKS! -- could make out the shapes and shadows of a dozen or so rogue natives, circling the fence perimeter on their spoked pods, for this celluloid is indeed such a prize that even its arrival in the Sinkwood system elicits response from the terrestrial population.

No comments:

Post a Comment